The company is a global leader in Smart City solutions and is seeking to build up a dedicated Smart City sales force across the globe.
WHAT WE ARE HIRING
For the US, we are looking to hire Business Development Manager to help grow the product/service hybrid offerings. We are looking for someone with fantastic leadership skills, a track record in consultative sales and the knowledge necessary to drive “Smart City” solution offerings to customers and prospects. You will be responsible to develop business through integrators and channel partners as well as directly to end customers. You will report to the General Manager of the US business unit but work hand-in-hand with the business development team.
- Lead the sales growth of Smart City applications in the US
- Develop national and global accounts with integrators and channel partners across the US in order to drive business in the public and private sectors
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Follow and contribute to company marketing strategies
- Identify and establish contact with prospective customers
- Communicate and network at all levels of customer organizations building & maintaining strong relationships (operations, maintenance, purchasing, IT, managers, etc.)
- Qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls
- Work closely with customers through face-to-face/webinar meetings to listen to and understand their business needs and service expectations
- Facilitate and spearhead solution-driven discussions with customers. Be an educator and enlightener on new technologies. Drive these discussions to sale
- Develop a sales strategy for each account
- Develop and maintain a proposal backlog that will ensure meeting sales goals
- Close sufficient sales to meet assigned sales goal
- Maintain complete records of all activities and submit all required reports in a timely manner
- Continually learn about the portfolio of smart solutions
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Expert in communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with channel partners and integrators
- Outstanding sales experience (especially in consultative sales)
- Ability to develop network ties across the whole customer organization
- Experience in system, solution or service selling
- Ability to understand customer business models and operations
- Ability to manage customer expectations and craft offerings in a co-creation process
- Ability to persuasively sell customer outcomes (over just features and functionality)
- Availability to travel 50%
- Candidates in close proximity to a major metropolitan airport are strongly preferred
- Five to ten years of successful end user business to business sales experience
- Experience in service sales preferred
- Experience in public sector environments preferred
- Demonstrated ability to close sales based on value not price
KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Strong learning orientation with a constant inclination to learn new material and find answers to questions. Constant willingness to improve through self-directed learning.
- Intrinsically motivated with a prioritization of sales process over outcome
- Ability to recognize patterns, analyze situations and see the bigger picture providing the opportunity to enlarge the scope of discussions and thus sell entire projects rather than just the equipment at hand.
- Visionary thinker, inclined to see the global, intuitive, strategic opportunities, able to communicate these to high level executives
- Propensity to work as part of a team; cooperative and participative in group projects
- Open minded; prone to seek out and engage in new ideas, procedures, techniques, and experiences.
- Orientation to detail, focusing on a task until it has been completed at every level
Do you feel inspired by this mission and up for the challenge? Apply by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You May Also Like…
Our client delivers cutting-edge mission-critical technologies and business solutions to global enterprise companies...
The Company has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit in the outdoor lighting space, now...